I still have few hours


It was June 9. Still fresh in my mind and always will be.

He left. I seldom found myself crying for someone I know that will still come back. But still, I cried. Harder and harder.

I forced my swelling eyes to open. It’s already morning. Moments from now, he’s gonna be on board. On board on a ship that will take him away from me. “6 months is just too short, we can make it” I remembered him say last night. “Of course we can” I immediately replied. But those words made a deep cut into my heart. I almost cried.

That night was a mixture of fear and sadness. Great sadness. We’re always together for the last several months. Walking in streets looking for centavos, keeping our hands tight looking for a place to eat, and just wandering around to where our feet would take us.

Cracking jokes, best laughs, best food, best moments, and being with him. With him. Everything worked out. I missed him. I really miss him this much.

Those few hours were being treasured today, and everyday of my life. Now, I’m learning to adjust and working hard just to accept that I am bound to like the word I hate the most. Waiting.

1 comments:

hailey said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back and we'll talk about it.

Thanks!

Hailey William
haileyxhailey@gmail.com

Post a Comment